Fung Loy Kok Temple
134 D’Arcy Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1K3
Each year the gate of the realm of the dead is opened for the first half of the Lunar 7th month. The souls of the deceased, including any lost and hungry souls, can be blessed and receive offerings and gift packages from their families or friends during the All Souls Festival. At this time the living can also provide their deceased families or friends paper money, paper clothing, etc., to ease their conditions in the realm of the dead. Most importantly, the souls are invited to come and listen to the chanting. We hope that these souls will listen to the wisdom in the sutras, and become free by resolving any attachment, entanglements, or conflicts they had during their lifetimes. This is the time to pray for and comfort the souls of the deceased, and an opportunity to remember, honor and assist families and friends who have passed away, recently or a long time ago. There will a three-day chanting ceremony. For this festival all are welcome to participate.
• Name of the deceased (use maiden name for married women)
• Ancestral village of the deceased (or birth city and country)
• Name of the sponsor (person sending the gift)
• Sponsor’s relationship to the deceased
• $35.00 CAD per deceased/ $40.00 CAD per deceased couple/ $40.00 CAD per “All Ancestors in the family”
Payable to Fung Loy Kok before August 6th, 2010. Please phone 416-595-5291, fax 416-654-3937, send by e-mail, or by post with check to the address above.